- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups of fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (8-1/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup reduced-calorie stick of margarine, melted
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Pour into an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until edges are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One piece equals 197 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 452 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
- Prep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. + standing
- Yield: 9 Servings
Originally published as Moist Corn Bread in Country Woman July/August 2003
Simply love good corn bread… Enjoy…