- 1-1/2 lb of flank steak
- 2 small cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 5-oz pk baby arugula
- ¼ lb very thinly sliced deli provolone
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Heat grill to medium-high, Butterfly the steak: Cut it in half horizontally (don’t cut all the way through) and open it like a book.
- Rub the garlic over the inside of the steak. Scatter 1 heaping cup of arugula over the steak, then lay the cheese on top. Roll up the steak and tie with kitchen twine. Season ½ tsp salt and pepper.
- Grill the streak, covered, turning occasionally and brushing with the vinegar, 15 to 18 minutes for medium-rare. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- In a large bowl, toss the tomatoes and onions with lemon juice, oil, and ¼ tsp each salt and pepper. Toss the remaining arugula; serve with the steak.
Found this wonderful recipe in woman’s day…